Monday, June 9, 2014

Polka Dots for Lola

Melanie's daughter, Lola, was turning two and to celebrate, she was going to have a super girly polka dot party.  I loved the idea of polka dots with lots of colors and couldn't wait to get started.

Melanie really liked the ombre' cakes and requested at least one of the tiers to be a purple ombre' cake.  I made that one the bottom tier and it went from dark lavender in color to the vanilla cake color, filled with buttercream.  The top tier is my chocolate cake because it's just so good.  


I covered the cake with my creamy vanilla bean buttercream.  If you look closely, you can see the flecks of the vanilla bean.  Yummy!!


I made the border a light purple because I figured purple was a pretty important color, per Melanie's request.  :)


The flowers came at the very end.  It just needed a little something more.  My daughter is the one who recommended putting the different color polka dots in the center of each of the flowers.  I really like how they turned out!




I hope that Lola had a wonderful birthday celebration!  Welcome to the two's, Lola!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment