Monday, April 22, 2013

A Snowboard in April

So when Jessica asked me to do a snowboard cake for William, I thought, "Cool!  But how sad that William never gets to go snowboarding on his birthday."  Then, I looked outside and even though this is April, it was actually SNOWING!  It's rare, but it does happen from time to time in this lovely unpredictable state of Wisconsin.  

Jessica said that William has a snowboard with flames on it and wanted a cake shaped like a snowboard with flames on it for William.  I was happy to oblige.  

One half of this cake is chocolate cake without filling (William is not a fan of filling...I know...WHAT?!!) and the other half is a yellow cake with raspberry preserves and buttercream filling. 




My daughter is my best critic.  I mean, at almost six, she tells it like it is.  When I showed her the completed cake I asked her what it was and she said, "It's a skate board with flames on it."  Cool.  Hopefully I got it right!!


I hope you had a great birthday, William!

1 comment: