Friday, September 7, 2012

Cake Pops for "Auntie" Stephanie

My parents were heading out to visit some lifelong friends of theirs, George and Stephanie.  My Dad and George served in the Air Force together and have remained friends all these years.  George and my Dad honestly look as though they could be brothers, so my brother and I have always referred to George and Stephanie as "Uncle" George and "Aunt" Stephanie.  I guess you had to be there.  :)

Anyway, during my parents' visit with their friends, Stephanie was celebrating her birthday, so my mom asked me to make some (8) cake pops for their dear friend so they could celebrate with her.  Her favorite flavor was chocolate, so that's what I made.

For the first time in ages, I didn't have any cake scraps so I had to make a cake and then smash it all up for this.  I never think it will, but it always hurts to see a cake go that way.  I guess better in cake pops than on the floor, but I digress.

My mom bought two shades of chocolate; dark and light.  I made four of each and then rolled them in some chocolate jimmy's.  When they were set, I stuck on little pink disks with s's on them (for Stephanie) and wrapped them up nice and tight.  Here's what they looked like:



My mom took this fancy photo.  I like how she put them in a vase...Nice touch, Mom!

I hope "Auntie" Stephanie enjoyed them!  Happy Birthday to you!

*******  My mom sent me this picture from their vacation.  Here's "Auntie" Stephanie with her cake pops.  Yep.  She liked them!


No comments:

Post a Comment