Thursday, September 27, 2012

Yee-Haw! Cowboy Glenn!

Glenn is my mom's boss.  He's also my realtor (best one EVER!!).  He's also a cowboy. 

So to celebrate Glenn's 50th birthday, my mom wanted to do something special for her dear boss and commissioned yours truly to make a cake in the shape of a cowboy hat. 

The cake, and cupcakes that follow (my mom wanted to throw those in too...), were all gluten-free chocolate.  I filled the cakes with vanilla buttercream and topped the cake with fondant and used gum paste to make the brim of the cowboy hat.  


The cupcakes were topped with chocolate buttercream and fondant decoration. 



Glenn, I send you warm birthday wishes!  I hope this is the best one yet!

As an aside, if you're looking for a realtor in the Lake Country Area, give Glenn a call.  He'll take EXCELLENT care of you and your real estate needs! 

http://www.shorewest.com/vp/AgentServlet?SITE=SHOREW&ScreenID=AGENT_DETAIL_P&cd_Agent=5057

1 comment:

  1. Ann - this cake was absolutely gorgeous! SO MANY COMMENTS FROM FACEBOOK about how awesome this cake was! I heard it was delicious, too. Glenn loved it. It's always a good idea to keep the boss happy, you know. (wink wink) :)

    ReplyDelete