Monday, September 15, 2014

Wonder Clare

Making Clare's cakes have become a highlight in my year.  They mark the beginning of the school year, the beginning of Fall and one of the busiest cake weeks I have.  

I've made Clare's last four birthday cakes and am honored by that responsibility.  Her parents have always come up with neat ideas for Clare's parties whether it be My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake, Tinker Bell or Wonder Woman, which it was this year.  I thought it was a great idea for a little girl's birthday celebration and was so excited to make Clare's cake and cake pops.  Wonder Woman, afterall, has brains, beauty and brawn and so does Clare.  Am I right?!!

These cake pops were yellow cake, dipped in blue, then red chocolate and topped with a sprayed-gold fondant star.  I was absolutely tickled when I found the very patriotic ribbon and thought they completed the them beautifully.



Her Wonder Woman cake was a chocolate cake topped with buttercream and fondant details.




I actually had some edible gold stars sitting in my cabinet.  There were just there.  Waiting to be used!!


And here's what the two items looked like together.  I think they carry the theme nicely!


I hope that Clare had a FABULOUS birthday weekend!

UPDATE:

Here's Wonder Clare and her Wonder Cake!  Happy Birthday, Sweetie!!


No comments:

Post a Comment